Terms & Conditions
Who we are
We are Credential Direct, a division of Credential Securities Inc., a member company of Credential Financial Inc. These products and/or services are only offered in jurisdictions where they may be lawfully offered for sale.
The information on this website is for general reference only. It is provided on an ‘as is’ basis. You should not rely on it for legal, accounting or tax advice. Persons accessing these pages are advised to obtain proper legal, accounting or tax advice where appropriate.
No warranties or liability
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented on this website. We are not legally liable under any circumstances to you for any damages (including direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages) for this website or for any of the information on it. This includes, but is not limited to:
- the quality, accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information on the site
- its suitability for a particular purpose
- any errors or omissions in the content
- any use that may be made of the site or its content
- any direct or indirect loss or damage that may result from the information on the site
- any interruptions in access, delays, failures or loss of transmitted information
- any viruses, contaminants or other distinctive properties that may be transmitted to your computer system
Under no circumstances is the information contained in this website to be used or considered as an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy a particular investment. Not all securities, products or services described are available in all countries, and nothing on this site constitutes an offer or solicitation of these securities products or services in any jurisdiction where their offer or sale is not qualified or exempt from registration.
The products and services described on pages of this website are available only in jurisdictions where they may be legally offered for sale. Credential Direct is available in Canada to residents of all provinces and territories of Canada.
Unless otherwise specified, the currency used throughout this website is in Canadian (CDN) dollars.
This website does not endorse or approve of any third parties or their advice, opinions, products or services, even if they appear on this website or are linked to it.
When you leave the Credential Direct site through a link and view content that we have not provided, you do so at your own risk. We do not review, endorse or control the content of any third party sites. We are not responsible or liable in any way for electronic content delivered by any third party. We are not responsible under any circumstances for damages or losses caused by any delays, defects or omissions that may exist in the services, information or other content provided in a third party site.
Any unprotected email communication over the Internet is, as with communication via any other medium (e.g. cellular phones, post office mail), not confidential, subject to possible interception or loss, and is also subject to possible alteration. Credential Direct is not responsible for and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages in connection with an email sent by you to Credential Direct or an email sent by Credential Direct to you at your request.
Do not include confidential information such as account numbers or other personal information in email messages. If you would like to discuss your personal or account information please contact us by telephone.
Trademarks and copyright
Names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs that appear in this website may be trade names or registered or unregistered trademarks of ours or other member companies of Credential Financial Inc. If you download, re-transmit, copy or modify trademarks or other information in this website without written permission, you may be violating statutory or common-law rights. Violation of these rights could lead to legal action.
All information in this website is protected under the copyright laws of Canada and other countries. The information on this site is for your personal use only. No one may copy, modify, redistribute, reproduce, republish, re-transmit or make public or commercially use any information found in this website in any form without our prior written consent.
By using this site, you agree to our Electronic Brokerage Services Agreement, and to the terms of the Market Agreements with the New York Stock Exchange, the Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc. and Canadian exchanges on which you can trade through this site.
- For the convenience of our clients, Credential Direct offers solutions designed for smartphone use, which may include microsites, applications or other similar tools (Mobile Solution). By using a Mobile Solution you agree to these Mobile Solution terms and conditions, in addition to the terms and conditions of all other applicable agreements.
- You must have a Credential Direct account in order to access the trading section of a Mobile Solution.
- A given Mobile Solution may not contain the same features, functionality and services available on the full Credential Direct website. Services and features on a Mobile Solution may change at any time without notice.
- You agree that Credential Direct is not liable for any losses you incur due to the unavailability or malfunction of any feature or service on a Mobile Solution.
- Mobile Solutions may not be available for use in locations outside of Canada and the United States; and
- You are responsible for any fees imposed by a service provider that you might incur by accessing a Mobile Solution.
In certain circumstances, Credential Direct may be able to deal with US residents holding Canadian self-directed tax advantaged retirement plans and temporary US residents. Securities offered through Credential Direct are not registered with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, and are offered and sold in the US under an exemption from registration. Canadian self-directed tax advantaged retirement plans are not regulated under the laws of the US, and Credential Direct is not subject to the federal broker-dealer regulations of the US. Credential Direct is subject to US state securities laws requiring the registration of broker-dealers.
Credential Securities Inc. and Credential Direct
Credential Securities Inc. is a member company of Credential Financial Inc. and provides its services in association with participating credit unions and other financial organizations including insurance agencies. Credential Direct is a trade name operating as a division of Credential Securities Inc., and is a separate business unit. Credential Securities Inc., Credential Asset Management Inc., Credential Insurance Services Inc., and Credential Financial Strategies Inc. are member companies of Credential Financial Inc.
Unless Credential Direct tells you otherwise regarding a particular security, securities sold by Credential Direct are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer that insures deposits in credit unions. The value of many securities may fluctuate, and past performance may not be repeated. Credential Securities Inc. is a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). A brochure describing the nature and limits of coverage is available upon request.
Procedure for filing a client complaint
At Credential, we take customer complaints seriously and we have procedures in place to ensure we address them properly. If you have a complaint about our services or a product, contact us at:
#700 – 1111 West Georgia Street
Vancouver BC V6E 4T6
Attention: Designated Complaints Officer
Tel: 1.877.742.2900 Fax: 604.714.3801 Email: email@example.com
Start by telling us
- What went wrong
- When it happened
- What you expect, for example, money back, an apology, account correction
What happens next
We’ll acknowledge your complaint in writing, as soon as possible, typically within 5 business days of receiving your complaint. We may ask you to provide clarification or more information to help us resolve your complaint.
Making a decision
We normally provide our decision in writing, within 90 days of receiving a complaint. It will include:
- A summary of the complaint
- The results of our investigation
- Our decision to make an offer to resolve the complaint or deny it, and an explanation of our decision
If our decision is delayed
If we cannot provide you with our decision within 90 days, we will:
- Inform you of the delay
- Explain why our decision is delayed, and give you a new date for our decision
You may be eligible for the independent dispute resolution service offered by the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI).
If you are not satisfied with our decision
You may be eligible for OBSI’s dispute resolution service.
If you are a Québec resident
You may consider the free mediation service offered by the Autorité Des Marchés Financiers. www.lautorite.qc.ca
Things that can make the process go smoother
Help us resolve your complaint sooner:
- Make your complaint as soon as possible
- Reply promptly if we ask you for more information
- Keep copies of relevant documents, such as letters, emails and conversation notes
A word about legal advice
You always have the right to go to a lawyer or seek other ways of resolving your dispute at any time. A lawyer can advise you of your legal options. There are time limits for taking legal action. Delays could limit your options and legal rights later. Please consult your province for your time & statute limitations.
For information about investor protection, download the Canadian Investor Protection Fund brochure.