What if I don’t have sufficient cash to cover the fee?

We strongly recommend you make arrangements to ensure the fee is paid from cash in the account or by electronic funds transfer (EFT).

If the fee brings your non-registered account (Cash or Margin) or TFSA into a debit (overdraft) balance, interest will be charged.

If the fee brings your registered account (RSP, RIF, RESP, etc.) into a debit (overdraft) balance, we will notify you by email that you need to cover the debit balance. If the debit balance is not covered within a week, we will sell a position in the account to sufficiently cover the overdraft balance (online commission will apply).

Ready to become a DIY trader?

Take control of your investing with a partner that values the same things you do.

Open an account