Types of Accounts
A Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) gives you flexibility and control, while your investments grow tax-free. TFSAs are available in Canadian dollars only.
Features & Benefits
- Trade stocks, mutual funds, fixed income and options on North American markets.
- Accounts are held individually only.
- Others may trade on your behalf, provided they have trading authority.
- Trade options in your TFSA (long calls, puts and covered call writing are available).
Managing Your Account
- Before your buy order is approved, you must have sufficient cash or equity in your account.
- For most securities, payment is due three business days after the order is filled.
- You can place sell orders for up to the number of shares you hold in your account.